- 2- 1lb boneless pork loins
- 2 large cortland apples (or any variety)
- Olive oil
- Dijon or honey mustard
- Ground thyme
- salt/pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. In an oven safe skillet, heat 1tbsp olive oil.
- Cut off silver fat on pork loins and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub pork loins with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with ~1tsp salt.
- When oil is hot in the skillet, brown loins on each side (~12 minutes total).
- While pork is browning, dice onion and cut apples into slices.
- When pork is done browning, remove from skillet and put on a plate. Add apples and onions to the skillet. Add more olive oil if skillet looks dry.
- Saute apples and onions for 5 minutes until softened.
- Brush pork loin with dijon or honey mustard. Sprinkle with pepper and ground thyme.
- When apples and onions have softened, place pork loins on top of the mixture and add the skillet to the preheated oven.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 145-150 degrees F.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving!
I served this with a side of butternut squash and mashed potatoes. This will definitely be used over and over again!