It's fall and there are apples EVERYWHERE! I love all things apple....pies, sauce, phones and especially crisp! Since I've been trying to make healthier swaps, I've tweaked my usual butter and sugar-filled apple crisp with a "healthified" version! Check it out and let me know what you think!
- 5 apples peeled, sliced and cored. I used cortland.
- Cinnamon (1tsp)
- Agave nectar or pure maple syrup (2tsp)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- Place apples in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and maple syrup or agave.
- Pour apples into a 2 quart square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, another tsp of cinnamon, and brown sugar together.
- Pour melted coconut oil on top of oat mixture.
- Spread oat mixture on the apples.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes until apples are soft.
- Serve warm!
Feeling daring? Add some ice cream :)