Try this one out and let me know what you think!
Ingredients for the pasta:
6 cups of fresh or frozen kale. You can use spinach
3 cloves crushed garlic
2 cups of water
2.5 cups of chicken stock (low sodium)
12 oz of whole wheat spaghetti noodles
1 pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced
1/3 cup feta cheese
1 lb lean ground turkey
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 clove garlic, crushed
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a stockpot, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add kale and a pinch of sea salt and cook until wilted.
- Add in chicken stock, water, garlic, spaghetti, pepper and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered for 13-15 minutes until noodles are cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- In the meantime, mix meatball ingredients together in a bowl.
- Shape into small 1/2-3/4 inch diameter meatballs and place on a sprayed baking sheet. I wanted smaller meatballs for this recipe but you could make them larger if you prefer.
- Bake at 400F for about 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Once pasta is done, remove from heat and stir in feta cheese and drizzle 2 tsp of olive oil. Add in meatballs and stir.
To fit into the container system, I measure out the spaghetti into my yellow container. I then pick out some of the kale and tomatoes to make one green container! This would also equal one red for about 5 mini meatballs, 1/2 blue and 2 tsp.
If you need help planning out your containers, check out this video I did here! As always, if you need help getting started or want to finally get into a program that works...reach out to me! I'm here for you!