Six chicken sausage (we used feta and spinach flavored)
1/4 box of whole wheat spaghetti
Spinach leaves (1 cup)
1 can diced tomatoes
10 spears of asparagus
1 small onion
3/4 cup chicken broth
- Par-boil sausage for ~10 minutes. Poke holes to let the fat drain.
- In a skillet with taller sides, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add minced garlic, chopped onion and chopped asparagus and saute until soft. Add in Italian Seasoning.
- Remove chicken sausage and slice into smaller pieces in cross section.
- Add sausage to skillet and saute for ~5 minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes,chicken broth and spaghetti. Cover spaghetti with as much liquid as you can. Cover the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes and reduce heat and cook until spaghetti is al dente.
- Add in spinach leaves, stir, and cover for another 2 minutes.
- Once spinach is wilted, serve and enjoy!
Let me know what you think! If there doesn't seem to be enough liquid, add a little as you go to help cook the spaghetti. If it seems there is too much, add more pasta or remove cover to let it evaporate!
Next time, I'll make enough for leftovers!