Broccoli (one head)
Asparagus (one bunch)
Extra-firm organic tofu (one package)
Garlic (3 cloves crushed)
Smoked paprika (I'm obsessed with this lately)
Balsamic vinegar (Can use rice vinegar or any flavored balsamics!)
- Wrap the block of tofu in a kitchen towel or paper towels. Place wrapped tofu in between two plates and put a large can of beans or anything heavy on top to press out excess water. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Once drained, cut the tofu into thin slices (1/4" thick). Cut those slices in half so you end up with squares!
- Place the tofu in a tupperware container to marinate it. Use 5 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika and a 1/4 tsp sea salt. Coat tofu in marinade and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- While tofu is marinading, chop broccoli into smaller florets and chop asparagus into three pieces.
- Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan or wok on medium-high heat.
- Add tofu to pan and cook until sides are browned (about 3 minutes per side). Tofu doesn't have to be cooked through since there isn't any harmful bacteria but allowing it to brown and crisp makes it taste better in my opinion!
- Remove tofu from pan and wipe pan with paper towels. Add in 3 tbsp of olive oil and heat.
- Add garlic to hot oil and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped up veggies and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water to the pan and cover until veggies turn bright green (about 2 minutes).
- Add tofu back in, let it all heat back up together (about 3 minutes).
- Add liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce (I just shake a little on there...probably about 1 tbsp total)
Serve with brown rice and you're good to go! For all of my 21 Day Fix-ers...one serving is 1 green, 1 red, 1 tsp and 1 yellow (of the rice)! I portion out my tofu ahead of time and if you cut it like I did, about 10 pieces is equal to one red container!
Let me know how you liked it! What did you add or change?